Director of Information Technology Norristown/Montgomery County, PA (DRYA08202019)
Legal Aid of Southeastern PA (“LASP”) seeks a dynamic Director of Information Technology to support its delivery of civil legal services to low-income individuals and families. The Director of Information Technology will provide leadership, coordination, integration, and implementation of all technology needs for LASP offices, staff, and projects.
The successful candidate will embrace innovation and think creatively and strategically in addressing LASP’s technology needs. The position must address both program-wide and long-range solutions and have the competency to address the every-day needs of staff with varying degrees of technology acumen.
LASP is a non-profit law firm serving the four-county area of suburban Philadelphia, which includes Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery Counties - a terrific place to live and work. The position will be based in LASP’s Norristown office in Montgomery County but will have responsibility for IT operations in all seven LASP offices in the four counties. Reliable transportation will be essential. LASP primarily provides services to clients facing issues regarding public benefits, consumer law and bankruptcy, employment, expungement and record sealing, housing, including eviction and foreclosure prevention, family law, protection from domestic violence, and child welfare. The successful candidate will embrace the mission of LASP. This is a full-time position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Consult with Executive management team to assess technology needs and operations;
2. Collaborate with advocacy staff and LASP management to develop and implement creative strategies to best serve LASP’s client population and ensure systems are effective. Lead LASP strategic and long-range planning efforts in the area of technology;
3. Manage large-scale projects designed to enhance LASP technology, which will include the drafting of RFP’s and working with LASP’s development team to identify and pursue funding to support technology projects and operations;
4. Oversee Helpdesk operations and supervise Helpdesk Technician; Troubleshoot and address technology problems identified by LASP staff; Handle complex issues at Tier 3 level or higher;
5. Ensure, maintain, and monitor proper security controls to protect LASP data and networking systems, including firewalls, switches, back-ups, and data storage;
6. Support key technology-intense operations including LASP’s website, telephone hotline, online intake, remote intake, finance and accounting, development and fundraising, communications, computer-based legal research, pro bono and direct client services. Coordinate the development of interoperability and integration between key systems;
7. Develop and implement staff technology training and education;
8. Maintain complete inventory of LASP technology and develop a timetable for regular and necessary upgrades and replacement of equipment, software, and hardware, including servers and desk-top computers, to ensure overall health of technology environment;
9. Assist Executive management team with equipment purchases, negotiation of contracts and appropriate warranties, working closely with technology-related vendors and consultants;
10. Prepare and update technology plans and reports, including disaster recovery plans and technology assessments which may be required by LASP funders, and review and update internal policies, protocols, and procedures related to technology;
11. Represent LASP at technology-related conferences and training and remain current on latest technologies available in the legal services community, the broader legal field and beyond;
12. Attend meetings of LASP management, Board of Directors, and staff, and present information on technology issues;
13. Perform other duties and responsibilities related to LASP’s technology infrastructure as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree; Minimum 5 years of experience in the field; Preference will be given to candidates with familiarity and experience with supporting business productivity software such as Office 365 and Microsoft Office suite, Legal Server case management system, Lexis and Westlaw, SAGE accounting software and Best Case bankruptcy software, and Shoretel or VOIP-based phone systems. Strong communication skills and writing ability is essential. The position will be a part of LASP’s Executive management team and will be expected to work extended hours and on weekends when needed to complete projects and to address emergent issues.
LASP is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in the recruitment, selection, or advancement of employees on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, creed, age, religion, marital status, physical handicap, political affiliation or on any other basis prohibited by law.
TO APPLY: Send resume and writing sample to Erik Hansen, Deputy Director for Operations at Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania by email to Hiring@lasp.org. Position will remain open until filled.